Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 14th July 2016
Present: Councillor John Macklin (Chairman), Councillor Sue Hubbard (Vice-chairman and acting clerk), Councillor Neil Newton, Councillor Rosemary Morgan, Councillor Sharon Knights, Councillor Serena Crump
1. Apologies for absence: Councillor Muriel Holmes, Councillor Cathie Draper, Councillor Penny Redshaw
2. Declarations of interest or requests for dispensations: none received
3. The minutes of the meetings held on 12th May and 7th June 2016 were approved and signed as a true record
4. Open Session
4.1 Ward Councillor Steve Williams reported that he had heard from Linzy Outtrim (Localities Steward) that gullies had been cleaned and potholes filled at Bishopstone, and resurfacing carried out at Mansell Gamage. Councillors requested more details about the Bishopstone work as they were unaware of it.
Regarding the Witchwater (Bridge Sollars) planning application there had been a delay due to the case officer’s illness which had led to the determination date being put back. A new case officer (Simon Withers) has been appointed and comments should shortly be put on the Planning website. Additional objections to the application have been received from Historic England.
4.2 Footpath Officers: A report of a broken stile on footpath BS2 in Bridge Sollars will be passed to the lengthsman for attention. Kenchester footpaths have been walked and no problem found. The lengthsman has cleared footpaths in Byford and Bishopstone as requested by residents.
4.3 Local residents: None present
Close open session.
5.1 Planning application: 161518 Court Farm Kenchester. Proposed replacement roof tiles and re-pointing of walls: Councillors unanimously supported the application.
5.2 Planning application: 161667 The Weir Nursing Home Swainshill. Adaptation of existing outbuilding and extension to existing building to create additional accommodation for the existing nursing home: Councillors unanimously supported the application.
5.3 Planning application 161668 The Weir Nursing Home Swainshill. Adaptation of existing outbuilding and extension to existing building to create additional accommodation for the existing nursing home: Councillors unanimously supported the application.
6.1 To consider payments to DC Gardening Services: Lengthsman duties for June £192 (£160 +VAT £32) and P3 duties for June £72 (£60 + VAT £12)
6.2 To approve payment to Pip Printing £133.74 (Retrospective for June Newsletter)
6.3 To consider payments for hire of New Bridge Community Centre for meetings on 7th June (£7) and 14th July (£14)
6.4 Payments received:
Newsletter Advertisement – The Gutter Genie £15
All payments and receipts were approved by councillors
7. The acting clerk drew attention to the Information Sheet circulated to councillors. There were no questions or comments
8. Neighbourhood Development Plan update: Councillor Hubbard reported that the Draft Plan had been sent to Herefordshire Council for comment. Councillors agreed that as part of the consultation process a copy of the Draft Plan should be sent to each household in the five parishes and that estimates should be obtained for printing 250 and 300 copies.
9. Problems with verge cutting in Bishon Lane: Complaints had been received from residents that Bishon Lane is overgrown as the verges have not been cut back. This causes a traffic hazard as the lane is very narrow. There is also a hazard due to a broken grid covering a drain at the bottom of the lane. Steve Williams offered to raise this with Linzy Outtrim to get the work carried out by Herefordshire Council. Councillor Knight reported that some of the triangle warning road signs along the A438 are overgrown by hedges – exact location to be checked and reported to Linzy Outtrim
10. Clerk’s post vacancy: the Vice-chairman reported that Lynda Wilcox of HALC is actively seeking suitable applicants for the post.
11. Items for next agenda: Clarification of conditions of planning permission for Oakchurch polytunnels in Bishopstone and nuisance caused to residents from noise from workers early in the morning.
12. Date of next meeting: 8th September 2016